Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Great Eastern contest

Great Eastern has launched a contest called 52 Amazing Experiences in conjuction with Great Eastern centennial celebrations .

As I am eligible to join this contest , I was really attracted to win one particular Experience : Northern Lights in Scandinavia .

But to my disappointment , after getting all hyped up and penning down a sure-win slogan , I found out at the end of the online registration that I need to give 3 referrals names and contact numbers !

As I am one who always respect the privacy of my friends , I would NEVER divulge such private information as contact numbers no matter how attractive a contest may be . What irked me the most is that this rule is NOT stated clearly BEFORE one joins the contest , resulting in wasted time and effort for me .

I was so incensed that I actually wrote a quite a scathing email to Great Eastern . Well , let's see if there is any response .... and oops , I just increased the statistics of my failed trivial pursuits .

If anyone is eligible (read GEL policyholders , of course) to join this contest , check it out at :
http://www.live100percent.com.my/ . Contest ends on 30th Nov 2008.

No comments: